Friday, December 19, 2008

Daily Digest #198

He will not be afraid of evil tidings; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord. —Psalm 112:7

I was imagining what I would do if something as tragic as death of a loved one ever happened to me.... I couldn't bear the thought of losing a family member above all. Just thinking about it makes my stomach churn, what more to those who have actually lost their loved ones? If we look at it in another perspective, we are yet again reminded that everything is temporary in this world, which gives us greater sense on how we ought to treat other people, especially our family and friends. As for personal experience, I could not let go of certain things (people and emotions included) if I knew in my heart that I have not made the best of what I had. Maybe it goes the same when we lose someone we love, when we know in our hearts that we have not spent enough time with the person, or have turned our backs on somebody at one point and never really gotten to forgive or ask for forgiveness, or anything that builds up regrets. The reflection above made me realize how every moment counts, how we should make the most of the time and blessings given to us. We are taught to count our blessings always so when it is time to let go, one can do it without regrets and with a grateful heart. I guess that is how one could keep going, honoring and thanking God whatever circumstance there is.

For this, let us pray. May we count our blessings everyday, and likewise, be a blessing to others. May we be reminded of the the things that matter in this world -- our relationship with God, and with others. May God be the center of our relationships. May we keep trusting Him, looking up to Him, never letting go -- because He will never give up on us. May we be reminded how much God loves us as we celebrate the Christmas season. Pray always.

Labels: ,