Friday, December 19, 2008

Daily Digest #197

There has not failed one word of all His good promise. —1 Kings 8:56

How very timely. Before anything else, I'd like to say sorry to those whom I've caused any pain or disappointment. Just recently, I've disappointed a few people. I may have not done it intentionally, but still, I chose to ignore the situation and carried on with my insensitivity. So, if I happen to have disappointed you in any way, I am deeply sorry.

I also get frustrated when things turn out different from what I hoped for. I get depressed when I don't get the comfort I need from a close friend or loved one, or when the moment that I think is supposed to be allotted for me is spent elsewhere. Just when I was starting to think that I was the only person struggling, my acts of immaturity made me realize how I've put my hope and faith in people instead of God. All the while, God was teaching me to lean on Him, to listen to Him, and to find comfort in Him. I was so stubborn that I ended up lonely and depressed for weeks. Now, I look back and feel like laughing at myself for wasting such precious time on trivial things :D I know now how God is enough for me. He truly never disappoints :D

For this, let us pray. May we put our hope in the Lord. May we find comfort and peace in Him. May we remember that we all have unique paths to take, and that we always have a choice to love and show kindness to each another. Pray always.

Labels: ,